Start date: 5/1/21 or as soon as feasible
- Weekend Hours, regularly 4 hours Saturdays & 4 hours Sundays
- Occasional to rare weeknight 2-3 hours, optional
- Trial period with review
- Must be fully vaccinated for Covid
Looking for a longer-term part-time studio assistant in a textile / sculpture studio. Experience with textiles helpful, but not required.
While there may be an occasional opportunity for a weeknight, this position will be almost exclusively for weekend hours, for four hours on Saturday and four hours on Sunday, exact times flexible between 1pm – 7pm. Studio is on the fourth floor, so must be able to climb three flights of stairs. The desire is for a longer-term assistant, so may not be ideal for students, unless willing / able to commit for at least longer than a year (position is open-ended with no current end date).
- Good Drawing Skills
- Excellent Hand/Eye Coordination
- Basic Adobe Photoshop Skills (can be taught)
- Good eye for color
- Sewing skills helpful, but not required.
- Ability to lift / carry 5 gal. bucket of water
- Experience working with / carving foam or similar experience with sculpture a plus (not required)
Example of Activities (will include others)
Laying out / tracing provided drawings
Sewing a (relatively) straight line
Working with sewing pins
Detailed trimming of textiles with scissors
Ironing & starching
Drawing with a 3D printing pen
Preparing a quilting sandwich
Rinsing / washing textile panels
Cutting / carving foam
If interested, please email email@example.com listing relevant experience (resume nice, but not required), available start date, and a phone number. An informal interview process of selected applicants will include an initial phone call and a studio visit for final applicants.